Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, November 27

Two in four

From the sound of it, the kids had a blast at Memere's house this past weekend. While I had a disappointed husband because I fell asleep around 10pm each night, I definitely got caught up on my sleep! Friday night we stayed in and watched some Christmas movies on Netflix (12 Dates of Christmas was really good...I fell asleep for the other one). Saturday, we ran some errands and Jim went to the (very cold!) Gopher game. That evening, we went to Silver Lining Playbook at West End...where you RESERVE your seat ahead of time. What a great feature. I think we'll be going back. AND if they happen to have the right moving playing, they have VIP seats, which we'd like to try.
Koko wanted to sit on Uncle John's lap the whole time!
We met Memere, Grandpa Ron, the kids and Grandma in Willmar on Sunday. I was surprised that Korri didn't even want to tell me hello...she was just concerned where Memere was and wanted up. I'm sure Memere HATED that; LOL. I'm just glad my kids know they are loved by so many people. We had dinner at Green Mill and then headed home. The time away did me good...my patience tank was refilled (but has since drained since Jim is traveling this week.)

Monday night, Finn had his second night of Basketball Camp. He did REALLY well. He is by far, the best dribbler, needs to work on his passing and needs to grow up another head-length to have a chance at making a basket (although, Jim is positive Finn could do it if he tried...). There were three other boys this week and they even "played" a little two-on-two at the end. SO cute. Korri was really good (well, by Korri standards). we even ran two laps around the track (hey, I'll take a little exercise, even if it is at Korri-pace).

For the last week or two, I've had a sneaking suspicion that Korri might have a Urinary Tract Infection. There were tell-tale signs that were the same as last time (which was last Nov!). I was hoping that some extra hydration and a trip to Memere's would somehow fix her, but when she got back on Sunday, I knew something was wrong (when her pee smelled worse than her poop!). Then last night, she peed on the floor (which she NEVER does) while I was putting lotion on her. She was crying, which I thought was from the lotion, but then realized it hurt when she went. So, first thing this morning, I called the Dr. and was able to get her in at 12:30 today (of course, Jim left today for Detroit!). Just based on my description, the Dr. is sure she has an UTI. They cath-ed her and put her on meds, but will let me know tomorrow if it is for sure or not. Sheesh, two dr visits in four days...that is enough for a while, kiddos! Side note: Finn's finger looks SO much better. He said it hurt tonight, but me thinks he just wanted a band-aid ;)
Korri fell asleep on the way to Target (to pick up her scrip) and this was my attempt at getting her to go back to sleep once at Target (the picnic blanket we keep in the van is beneath her). I thought it was rather ingenious, but alas, did not work. She did lay down and rest a little, but no sleep. Oh, well. I think she thought it was either funny or really cool...how can you tell which?!?! I hope her meds start working over night, as she seems to be in a lot of pain when she has to go potty :(

No comments: