Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, November 13

Trials and tribulations

Korri not only has rounded the corner toward the Terrible Twos, she has hit the wall fully head-on. I don't know where my sweet, lovable daughter went, but I'd like to find her and bring her back. The monster that has possessed her body can go back in the hole it crawled out of immediately! You think I exaggerate or joke, but I don't. Jim texted me yesterday morning that he won't be able to continue handling Korri by himself in the mornings if she acts like she did yesterday. I had to force-dress her on Sunday after her nap because we'd taken her shirt off before she went to sleep. She refuses to put her coat on ANYTIME, she hits, she says, "nnnnnnnnnnnnnn-O!" constantly, she bites, she refuses to do anything we request of her...basically, she is exhausting and beyond frustrating. I even set up a time later this week to go in and meet with her teacher to try to find ways of better dealing/handling her. I know this will pass, but I don't want all four of us to be miserable for the next 6 months, either. Don't they say phases usually last 6 months? Great, only 176 more days to go :(

I also think Finn is going through a growth spurt. Each day for the past four days, he's commented that his legs/knees hurt and he has had a short emotional fuse. Last night we were at a friends' house and he just lost it and was sobbing...and I'm not even sure why. He just said he wanted Kiki, which he only gets in bed and leads me to think he just wanted comfort. Poor guy. But I'm all for growing!!

Speaking of friends, I had the honor of bringing dinner to Kelly, Kip, Alex and Amira last night. Amira is two weeks old today and SUCH a little peanut. She was hungry while we were there, so I didn't get a lot of snuggle time, but I did get some. Alex, Finn's age who we know through ECFE, is major into puzzles...really difficult puzzles, so they gave us a 24-piece to borrow that he'd out grown. I'm curious to see how Finn does with it since at daycare, they said kids this age typically have a hard time doing 9 piece puzzles! Oh, and its Thomas, so Finn can't wait to try it.

2 comments:

Stephanie Daas said...

I soooo wish I could tell you that it ends with two but three (for girls anyway) is sooooo much worse than two!! It's more fun because she's less of a baby and more of a girl, but the attitude and drama are enough to send me to the nut house. I would take two back in a minute!!

Finn will do so well with puzzles and you'll be amazed at how well he does! Carley loves puzzles! She has mastered the 24 piece and we're onto the 48 piece now. Be ready to buy more! :)

Stacy Thomas said...

I agree about three being tough, too. But for different reasons than two is tough. At three, they intentionally and rationally defy you whereas as two, they just don't agree with anything you say or do! Oh, the joys of parenting. Hopefully there is a reprieve between two and three at some point. Although, of course, this morning, she was cheerful and cooperative.

My friend suggested a puzzle swap and now I'm wondering if that isn't a great idea!