Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, November 23

So thankful

I love our children, I really do. But to be completely honest, I'll tell you what I'm most thankful for today...Memere and Grandpa taking the kids home with them for the weekend! I know they will have a great time and Jim and I can relax and take a much needed breather. I think the last few weeks have been exceptionally trying for Jim and I because Finn and Korri both need a lot of our attention right now but they need different KINDS of attention from us, so we are constantly juggling back and forth. It is exhausting. We are staying in tonight and maybe getting a Redbox movie and tomorrow night (after the Gopher's game, of course!), we already got reserved seating movie tickets at West End for Silver Lining Playbook. Looking forward to going out with my hot date already!

Thanksgiving was great this year. The night before, Jim and I sat down and made a game plan for each of the three turkeys, including preheat start time, temperature, seasoning and length of cooking time. It worked out perfectly. We all sat down to eat right at 12:30, which is when Jim wanted to eat. Everything was super good, but of course in Jim's typical style, there was WAY too much food. Oh, well. Most of it heats up well. Thank you to my sisters, their families and my mom for coming over and making the day so special. We were sad to miss the Thomas Thanksgiving celebration, but a casual gathering today at our house with Nene, Uncle Les, Memere and Grandpa Ron was just as nice and we got to eat some of NeNe's amazing left overs!



For the first time in many years, I did NOT go shopping this morning. I looked through the ads last night and there just wasn't any deals good enough for the things we needed that would get me out of the house and fight the crowds. Oh, other than having to take Finn to Urgent Care Friday AM because of a finger infection AND Korri being down to her last two diapers in the house! So we did brave Target to get prescriptions and diapers! Ha, not your typical Black Friday shopping :) Now my fingers are crossed that Cyber Monday has some amazing deals AND I have time to do some online shopping on Monday!

No comments: