Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, November 29

Slippery when wet

The doctor called yesterday and confirmed that Korri has an infection, she just didn't know WHAT infection. She said she would know today and if she didn't call, that meant the meds she is on should work. I sure hope so. The dr wants a follow up in 2-3 weeks...I wonder if waiting until Korri's well-child in January is too long? Hmmm...

We have been busy bees since daddy left on Tuesday. Tuesday night, the three of us went over to aunt Kelsie's for a Norwex party. Have you heard of these products? They are environmentally friendly and use little to no chemicals. I was very sceptical but by the end of the presentation, I had thawed. I mean, I'll never be a big cleaner since it is something I hate, but I got some laundry detergent and dryer balls, hoping it helps with Korri's skin, which has gotten pretty bad again, now that it is dry and cold out. I also splurged on myself and got a new pumice stone for my feet. Can't wait to use it.

With our busy schedules, we've been getting home late and I just didn't know when we were going to fit bath in. We try to do it every other night, but I'm fine with every third, too. Well, I was thinking it would be all week if I wasn't careful. SO...another ingenious moment, I think, I had them shower with me Wednesday before work.
Now, I would normally NEVER do this before work, nor would I usually have the time nor have I ever showered with them both at the same time. BUT...I was planning on going in late, so it worked out perfectly! They had so much fun, even if Korri was SO slippery I could barely keep her in my arms. Maybe daddy can start doing it on a regular basis?!?!

Last night, Sharon graciously agree to move our play date that was planned for our house to her house and she made dinner for us and our friends Kelly, Alex and Amira! Finn was so excited to go to Laena and Braeland's house and on the way over there, he was telling me all the toys they have that are also at daycare?!?! Priorities in life, I guess. Dinner was so good and while the volume level reached an 11 at times, the kids were really well behaved and had a blast. Korri couldn't get enough of Laena's baby dolls. I don't even know if Korri got to snuggle with Sharon much!
With my limited planning-ahead skills, I thought to bring their pj's, so when we got home, it was straight to bed...and man, were they tired!! Heck, I must have been too, as I was in bed sleeping by 9:45! Thanks for a lovely evening, Sharon, Laena and Braeland :)

Daddy comes home tonight! Yay! Finn's been asking when we can put up our Christmas tree and decorations, so I think we know what we will be doing Friday night!

No comments: