Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, November 12

Family, friends and fun!

While it was a long time in the car, Saturday's trip was a huge success. Korri and Zander were great in the car, even though they didn't sleep nearly as much as I thought they would. At one point they were singing songs...I assume to each other, but maybe just at the same time! So precious. I got some good quality time with my "big" sister, which happens far too rarely, AND I got to see my family, which also happens far too rarely. And of course, Lauren, the bride, was stunning as usual. We kind of took over the back corner at the shower so the kids could run around, which was nice, and for the record, I don't think Zander stopped moving once...even when he was eating. Ben was the highlight of the day and I don't know if Becky got him AT ALL, since I even took him out of the car seat! He is such a good baby, although mommy says he loves to be held all the time :) I tried not to mention to Finn that Grandma was there, but he heard and asked me about it. Thankfully, he didn't put up too big a fuss about not getting to see her, though!

My boys had a fun day while we girls were gone. Finn did yoga for the first time and (per Jim) did a better job at it than Jim did! I did yoga with Finn on Sunday morning and he lasted almost 10 minutes. Overall, very impressive. He listens to the instructions really well and has an uncanny ability to look at their body on TV and make his do the exact same thing (something I still struggle with!). I do know that the boys went over to NeNe's for lunch and, as always, had a blast.

Sunday was a low key day with church, the Vikings game and then visiting our friends, the Arks. We hadn't seen them since before Korri got glasses...which was four months ago! Yikes. I need to be better about that but it is so much harder when we can't just get together during the day like we used to. The kids played SUPER nice and I think the adults actually got some good conversation in. A win in my book. Thanks for letting me invite ourselves over, Becky, and for the impromptu PB&J dinner!!

No comments: