Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, November 7

CDC quarantine?

No biting or scratching yesterday, so that is a win! However, Korri had two "loose" diapers yesterday afternoon and if she has three in 24 hours, she has to go home. I'm expecting a call any time to come get her (boo!). Basically between Jim and both kids, I think we should quarantine the whole house. I just PRAY I don't get whatever they all have!!!

Sunday, Jim was sick as a dog! Now, obviously, the copious amounts of alcohol consumed on Saturday didn't help, but it was a legitimate bug, since I've never seen a hangover last over two days! SO, I got up early (thank you Day Light Savings!) and baked a cake and made frosting, got the kiddos ready and got them out the door before 10am so w could help celebrate Finn's friend, Bennie's, birthday. The kids had a lot of fun at the party but in my haste and lack of partner/help, I wasn't able to stop and pick up a gift. I felt TERRIBLE, but an "I owe you" in a card seemed to do the trick. The kiddos got tired sooner than I thought they would, not factoring in DST, so we headed home for a nap.

While the kiddos slept, I finished with the cake, a simple Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting as requested by the birthday girl, Lorry! My plan was that the kiddos would be awake before 3 and we'd head over to watch the game with the birthday girl...but of course, Finn slept until 4, I think! Sheesh. So, the three of us headed over there late, and I missed most of the first quarter of the game, but oh, well. The kids had so much fun playing with Emma. Note to self: she is going to make a GREAT babysitter in a few years! And unbeknownst to me, Kathy completely gutted and re-did her kitchen, which looks FABULOUS and makes me want to work on OUR kitchen now! Not gonna happen.

No comments: