Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, October 16

Soccer player?

Last night was Finn's last day of sports class. I really liked the location and thought it was neat that they played tennis, in addition to football and soccer. We have a month break before his next class...which is basketball! Last night was soccer and toward the end, since it was the last day, the kids scrimmaged the parents. SO cute, wish I'd have had my camera (other than having to hold Korri so she wasn't trampled). And, this very proud momma needs to brag for a minute...Finn actually scored a goal! I mean, yes, a dad was goalie and let it go through his legs, but Finn dribbled it to the goal and kicked it between his legs. That's a goal in my book. Finn was so proud and the other kids high-fived him! I do not like watching soccer, but we may have a future soccer player on our hands. I guess it is better than hockey :)

And I was told yesterday that Korri is transitioning into the BIG toddler room! I'm really not ready for this, but I pushed back a bit and the teacher's reasons seemed sound. I guess the daycare as a whole has far more younger kids than older, so Korri wouldn't actually be a lot younger than everybody else in the new room, the one girl that IS older will be transitioning to the preschool room AND Finn's teacher had a baby, so they are a little short staffed overall (hmmm...not exactly a sudden event that you can't plan for). I also really like Korri's current teacher, but I'm sure I will get used to the new one, too. I knew this transition was coming, but thought we had until she was 22 months (which may be only a month and a half away, but still)! My baby is growing up.

No comments: