Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, October 25

How do you pay?

Craziest thing happened last night. The four of us went to Target (not so crazy, I know!). We NEEDED to get diapers for daycare, among some other things, I mean, who goes there when they don't NEED something, right? We did our shopping, took our time, let the kids peruse the toy isle (their favorite thing) and then went to check out. When we turned the corner to the registers, it was complete chaos! There were people with carts in massive lines and milling around everywhere! We asked a lady what was going on and apparently their REGISTERS WEREN'T WORKING!!! Um, isn't that sort of mission critical for any store? She said she had been waiting 30 minutes already! It was already getting late, we had to get home because it was bath night but we HAD to at least get the diapers. Target employees started handing out FOOD to people, because it had been so long, yes, FOOD!

Since I hadn't yet taken the time to look for a pair of pants for work, Jim stayed at the registers with the kids while I went looking. I found one pair of black pants (what has happened to Target's dressy clothes section?!?!), tried them on, they fit, I went back and Jim and the kids were gone. BUT it looked liked the registers had just started working again. I went back to the women's department, thinking they were done and looking for me...no luck. Went back to the registers to find the three of them where I'd left them originally. What? Korri had been head-to-toe frosting from the cookie they gave her, so Jim had taken them to the bathroom to clean up! Oh! Because it was so late, we ate pizza and breadsticks at Target before heading home.

Anyway, it was the craziest trip to Target, I think I've ever had. It turned out fine (we went home with what we went there for!) and the kids (and Jim!) were really well behaved. I think they thought it was an adventure.

Advice to Target: get a back up server for your registers!! I wonder how much revenue they lost in abandoned carts/merchandise?!?! Oh and the total kicker of the deal? There were four registers working the entire time, but instead of having everybody line up in four lines, they didn't tell anybody and only checked out the people who were closest to those registers. What?!?! Me thinks a procedure manual needs to be updated!

AND...Korri went potty on the toilet last night for the first time! I set her on before bath (because she insisted) and I went to work picking up the dirty clothes and I heard her start going. I couldn't believe it and made a huge deal and daddy came in and she was so proud of herself. Of course, wiping is the best part of going potty. She got one Skittle as a reward (I figure we better keep it small!). Who knows...maybe it was a fluke, but we are SO proud of her. She is so independent and growing up way too fast.

No comments: