Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, October 15

Girls Night In

Saturday, I had SO much fun! Holly, Heidi and Laura, girlfriends from high school, came over to our house to hang out and "party." I, of course, drank a little too much wine, but when you are chatting and not paying attention, it is really easy to drink more than you thought you did. I don't think I was the only one! Ha. Great company and GREAT conversation (or what I remember of it!). I really hope we can do it again and not wait until our TWENTY year high school reunion to plan it! Thanks, ladies, for an amazing night!

While we were hanging out at the house, Jim took the kids to Chuck E Cheese's! He said they ate a ton of pizza and had a really good time. I can't even imagine how busy it must have been, but on the bright side, it is hard for somebody to kidnap your kid since they have a somewhat secure exit, so you can let them have at it. Now let's hope the toys they came home with "disappear" quickly!

Sunday morning I was tired, but thanks to Jim's wise suggestion of taking an Imitrex BEFORE I went to bed, I did not have a migraine! Holly stayed over and since we didn't make it to Psycho Suzi's Saturday night, we went there for brunch. The kids loved it (we were able to get a table off in the corner, so they didn't have to be quite as still/quiet as normal) and after a good meal, I felt a lot better. I'm so glad Holly stayed over and went with us. When she was leaving, Finn asked her when we could go to her house (her two boys are the same age as Finn and Korri), so I think we'll be making a trip up Brainerd to visit soon!

Kristine and Zander were in the neighborhood in the afternoon and stopped by for a quick visit. He is so darn cute and now is walking all over! NeNe and uncle Les came over later in the afternoon to watch the Vikings game. The game started out with promise, sucked in the middle and then had a glimmer of hope at the end, but too little, too late. Boo. Gophers AND Vikings lost..tough weekend for football at our house. NeNe is walking around like a champ after her knee-replacement surgery and isn't even using a walker or cane! She is amazing. She even was able to carry Korri around a bit and that can be quite the feat with two strong legs :)

My plan was to go to bed when the kiddos did last night so I could fully recover from the weekend...BUT...nope, I didn't go to bed until after MIDNIGHT! Sheesh. I was trying to get all the vacation pictures uploaded, which I did, but not sure why it HAD to be done last night. And I forgot until about 9pm that I promised to bake cookies for the bake sale at work today. Thankfully, it doesn't take THAT long to bake a couple dozen cookies and Jim was more than happy to sample them to make sure they were "bake sale" quality!

No comments: