Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, October 21

Date night

We were lucky enough to receive a visit from Memere last week! She had a break due to MEA, so she came on Thursday in time to pick the kiddos up from daycare. I wish I could have seen their faces when they saw her. AND it was nice enough that she could walk over with the stroller, which both kids LOVE! Two treats at once. Then on Friday, she kept the kids home with her and they went to Choo Choo Bob's! Finn had been asking for a while, but it is tough for us to get over there now that I'm working full time. I warned her that it would be a zoo because of MEA, but she braved it anyway (and yes, she said it WAS a zoo!). Finn is already asking when he can go back.

Memere was kind enough to watch the kiddos so Jim and I could have a date night Friday night! Yes, I know we just got back from vacation, which was a massive "date night" but it is fun to go out at home. I decided to surprise Jim with the plans because he almost always does the planning and I thought it would be fun. My first idea fell through due to the short notice (I'm saving it for another time!) but I decided on a horse-drawn carriage ride around Nicollet Island, something neither of us had done before. It was a bit chilly, but it was SO fun and we had no idea that Nicollet Island was that big (and kind of want to drive around it during the day to see everything better!). The picture is kind of dark, but you get the idea.

After the carriage ride we went to Jax Cafe, an old-school steakhouse near our house. We had several drinks and really good food. Jim ordered lobster tail and it just confirmed that I really don't like lobster. I hoped it was that I'd never had good lobster, but the problem is the texture. I'll stick to snow crab, please! Overall, a very wonderful evening! Thanks for watching the kiddos, Memere!!

No comments: