Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, October 30

Carve it up

On Sunday, Jim, yet again, earned a nomination for the Best Husband/Dad of the Year award. He got up with the kids at 7:30am to let me sleep...which I did until 9am! Something I never do, especially when I know the kids are awake. Perhaps part of the reason was because I ended up having a migraine, boo! Not only did he get up with them, but by the time I got up, he had them fed and dressed for church. And then offered to take them to church without me, since I had a migraine! What?!?! I don't know what he's done with jim, but this guy can stick around :) I did go with and the kids weren't nearly as well behaved as they were last week. I honestly think it would be better if Jim took one and I took one and we sat in different pews. Sad! Alas, we won't do that, but we need to figure something out. AND Father Glen was back, so at least Jim and I got more out of service.

After church, as promised to Finn, we drove over the Lowry Bridge. Seriously, you'd think the bridge was made of candy or something for how much Finn loves it. I do have to admit that it is going to be SO much easier to get across the river AND now we have alterate routes to get to and from I94. We stopped at Cub to pick up pumpkins for Jim and me...and apparently groceries since we left over $100 there! After naps, NeNe came over to help carve pumpkins! I realize every year that I like the "idea" of carving pumpkins much more than actually carving pumpkins. They are messy and stink and it is hard to carve through an inch of pumpkin wall!


Thankfully, Jim pretty much took over. Finn picked a bat for his pumpkin and I wanted a cat (in honor of Korri's costume!). Considering years past, they were pretty simple, but I think they turned out pretty cute!

No comments: