Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, October 9

Aloha!

I guess I didn't find time to post while basking in the warm Hawaiian sun! We had an AMAZING trip to Kauai. Upon the excellent recommendation of my friend, Pam, we rented a car and got to see almost the entire island. So glad we did! I took far too many pictures and it is going to take me a while to upload them all. Everything is so beautiful, so it wasn't my fault it ALL needed to be captured by my camera!

From the reports we received, that kiddos had just as amazing of a time at grandma's house. It sounds like they were super busy, well behaved and slept well, too. Grandma said she survived and would love to do it again (yay!), but needs a couple months to recover :) I don't blame her. Simplying saying "Thank you" doesn't seem to encompass how thankful and grateful we are for you taking the kids for us, mom! But since there isn't room on this page to properly express our gratitude, I guess "Thank you" will have to do. It was so nice not having to worry at all about the kids and whether they were loved, well cared for and happy!

It was so fun picking the kids up from daycare yesterday. Finn jumped right into our arms and wanted kisses and had to show us that he can skip (he was actually galloping, but close enough) and show us his jacket (like we haven't seen it before!). Korri, on the other hand, was eating snack and wanted to finish before coming over for a hug! That girl likes her food! Then she wanted hugs and kisses and kept saying, "dadda! Dadda!" Always daddy's little girl. Finn was so excited to see all the presents we got, even if they weren't for him. On the way back home from daycare, he was guessing what we got him, "A car? A truck? A helicopter?" Nope, sorry buddy!

Of course, with the jetlag, neither Jim nor I could sleep last night and it felt awfully early when my alarm went off at 6:45 am (1:45 am Hawaiian time!). Hopefully that will help me sleep better tonight. Since all of my pictures are on my camera and I don't have it with me at work (shocking, I know), here are some pics that mom sent to us of the kids while we were gone:

Finn builts this all by himself and was very proud! Future engineer?

On the caboose in Benson. (I think Korri needs a bigger shirt!)

Bath at Grandma's is the best!

No comments: