Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, September 12

To pedal or not to pedal

Finn doesn't know how to pedal, as far as I know. They have trikes at daycare and I think he rides them, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually pedal them. We do not have any pedal toys at our house except a bike that is far too big for him. Do most 3 1/2 year olds pedal? I miss Finn's PT appts when things like this come up. I've been thinking lately that we should get him something to pedal. I know, getting one in Sept in MN isn't exactly the best idea, as we MAY have a month to ride it outdoors. I think I would feel better if he demostrated that he COULD, then I'd probably just wait until the spring. And if we do get him something, should we go with a trike or a bike with trainers? If we do a trike, is it better/easier to pedal pushing forward or down (you can sit in different positions on different types)? I'm not OVERLY concerned about it, but while watching Teen Mom (yes, a guilty pleasure of mine!), the younger than 3 year old was riding a bike with trainers and I even think they were trying to teach him to ride WITHOUT trainers! It got me thinking that if there is something we can do to help Finn, I'd like to do it. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Mom, do you still have the bike from Lisa? Would Finn fit on it and does it have trainers?

No comments: