Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, September 10

Not Water Tot

I'm so frustrated! Today was the first day of fall registration for swim classes at the Courage Center, where we go. You have to go in person to register (which I think is beyond dumb) but since I work downtown and Jim is traveling, I knew we couldn't go in today. So I called this afternoon at 2pm just to find out what times Finn's Water Tots classes are offered and guess what? Yup, they were already full and one person was on the wait list, which I did add my name to! Seriously?!?! I asked if they are going to open up an additional class and was told no. Which is another thing I think that is dumb because these classes generate revenue at a rehabilitation facility where most of their programs don't. So now we need to figure out what to do. Do we sign Korri up for fall and hope winter will have more Water Tots openings (I'm not holding my breath) or do we try to find a class somewhere else? I looked at St. Anthony Village and Maple Grove, both of which looked like good options, except their start dates don't work with our vacation and you can't make up classes. The UofM - St. Paul has classes, but Finn would have to be in a parent/child class until he "passed" it, which is silly, but that is the rule. Argh!

So, keeping in mind that we are not members at the YMCA, where do you take your kids for swim classes/lessons? Have you heard of any places I should check out? A lot of the suburbs close to us only have outdoor pools, which, obviously, wouldn't work for fall/winter lessons.

No comments: