Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, September 18

Me, Koko.

On Sunday, we went over to Laura, Matt and Daphne's house to watch the Vikings and help celebrate Laura's birthday. They have a monster projection screen downstairs, which made watching the game even better (although, when they lost, it was that much harder to watch!). She totally outdid herself with the food and while I tried not to overdo it, Operation Get Skinny for Hawaii had a small set back! My job was to bring something for dessert. So after several emails asking for suggestions, I had her narrow it down and decided on a rhubarb cake! I had given them some rhubarb bread earlier this summer and apparently Daphne LOVED it, so I thought it was a good choice, although it was a new recipe, which always stresses me out. Yes, I know it was Laura's birthday but once we become parents, it is all about what the kids want, right? Daphne did an amazing job sharing her toys and the kids played and ate and had a great time. My kids didn't nap there because I just didn't know how well it would work. Of course, they both fell asleep on the short ride home and then would NOT sleep once we got home. Oh, well...the price we pay to watch the Vikings with friends :) The kids colored a "card" for "Daph-a-ne's mom" and we sang happy birthday, so I hope she had a nice birthday!

Oh, and Korri is now Koko. This weekend, she was sitting in her highchair and I thought she said, "koko." I wasn't sure, so I asked her what koko is. To which she replied, "Me, Koko." I said, "is your name Koko?" and she said, "yes." When daddy came down, I said, "Who is Koko?" and she pointed her to chest and said again, "me, Koko." I guess that settles that! I actually think it is really cute and Finn called himself "Gangan" for a long time when he couldn't say his full name. Finn thinks "Koko" is hilarious because there is a train on Chuggington called Koko...so we had to watch an episode of Chuggington before bed that night! I just looked up the character Koko and she and Korri have very similar personalities:

Koko'll often challenge others to a race, Koko loves going flat out, whooshing ahead of the others, and has yet to learn that speed isn't everything. Koko is very confident and loves to explore and have adventures. Although mischievous, she is well meaning and gets upset if she causes her friends to get into trouble. Koko will always own up or apologize and try to put things right, once she has understood the full implications of her actions.

Fitting, I guess :)

No comments: