Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, September 19

Inner Health

On Monday night, I had my first acupuncture session. I've heard that it can help with migraines so when a Groupon came up for it, I thought I'd try it. Keep in mind, this was last MARCH! But anyway, since it was going to expire, I finally went. I was scheduled to get acupuncture when I was on hospital bedrest trying not to have Finn because of the intense joint pain I was experiencing. BUT, alas, Finn thought it would be a better idea to come into this world than let mommy get poked by a bunch of needles (maybe he was channeling daddy's fear of needles!).

Anyway, Monday night, Super Dad Jim picked the kids up from daycare, made a picnic dinner, brought them to the park for said picnic, went to sports class (the first one I've missed and it was TENNIS...boo!), played at the park after class, came home, gave baths and put the kids to bed by himself! I was impressed. I did get to help put Finn to bed for a minute or two.

My appt was at 6pm in Edina, so I didn't even go home after work. The session started out with a medical history and talking about my migraines. She explained acupuncture to me a little. Then I laid on the table and she put in about 15-20(?) needles and let me lay there for about half an hour. I have to say, maybe it is the power of positive thinking, but I had a headache when I got there and I did NOT when I left! However, because I was laying on my back, my sinuses filled up and I got stuffy (I think it is...allergies!). She is going to see if they are covered by our insurance, but I'm not holding my breath. I think I would like to try it for a while to see if it would help with my migraines (obviously, after one session, there isn't going to be lasting change)...but it is REALLY expensive if you have to pay out of pocket. So, we'll see. If nothing else, I got to try something new and have a half hour of complete silence and relaxation, or as relaxed as you can get with needles poking out of you!

No comments: