Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, September 7

Got my hairs did

Since my wonderfully talented sister graduated college and got a "big girl" job, my hair has been severely neglected. SO, I decided to treat myself to a Groupon for a cut and color. I played hooky a little on Wednesday (or rather took a VERY long lunch!) and got my hairs did. It was so nice to be pampered and the head/scalp massage is worth every stinkin' penny! I stuck with my normal color and she trimmed a little, layered a bit and thinned the heck out of it. So THIS is what normal thickness feels like! Then, she dried and straightened it. Seriously, there are few times a woman feels better about her self than when she walks out of the hair salon. You think everybody is looking at you and thinking, "Wow, what gorgeous hair she has!" Of course they aren't, but there is a bounce in your step that isn't otherwise there. And I found myself feeling sorry for the other women I saw because their hair wasn't NEARLY as pretty as mine! Now, if only I could do that every day! The stylist even said she doesn't blame me for not drying my hair in the morning because it would take so long. Ha, anyway, here is a pick I took at work when I got back (it is a self portrait, so not the best, but you get the idea!):

My hair looks good, but my eyes sure look tired! Yikes! I'll blame it on the lighting :) Nobody missed me at work during my THREE hour lunch. Hmmm...I wonder what would happen if I were to do that every day...

No comments: