Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, September 25

Arr, matey!

Korri had her follow up eye appointment for her glasses yesterday morning. While the appt went well overall, there was no improvement in her left she needs to wear an eye patch! She has to wear it on her left eye 5 days a week for one hour each day. I guess I was pretty caught off guard by this, since I didn't know we were necessarily looking for improvement, but her brain isn't recognizing her right eye like it should, hence the need for patching. She goes back in the beginning of January to see if the patching (hopefully!) helped. If not, I don't know what the next step would be...probably more patching for longer periods of time.

Thankfully, God is wise and puts the right people in our lives when we need them! Through our ECFE preemie class that we used to go to, Finn's friend Samuel had to patch for a considerable amount of time, so the first person I contacted...Lisa, Samuel's mom. She was so supportive and sent me a super detailed email (late last night after kiddos went to bed!) about what to think about, the best patches to get, the most effective ways to patch, etc. It is invaluable. Patching isn't something I've really even thought about before. I know it could always be worse (obviously!), but sometimes it just feels like "one more thing." I really hope patching is a magic "cure" and we get good news in January!

Korri patched last night for the first time, obviously since her appt was yesterday morning. And she did great! She reached up to touch it a few times, but left it alone for the most part. I think it helped that we were at Finn's tennis class, so there were a lot of distractions and lots to do to keep her busy (including a new trike to ride, courtesy for Mary Pat and Bennie...thank you, they both love it!!!).

No comments: