Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, August 24

River Rats Ski Show

Finn is feeling MUCH better and just doesn't understand why he can't run and jump! Daddy had to postpone the trip to Choo Choo Bob's but they FINALLY got to go today. Can't wait to hear how it went and also get Jim's take on the place since it was his first trip there. I just wish I could have gone along :(

Last night, even though the weather threatened to ruin our plans, we went to Broadway Pizza for dinner and then to the River Rat's Ski Show! Laena, Braeland, Lilly and their families went with us, which was so fun. It sounded like a big crowd when I said, "6 adults and 6 kids!" We had the caboose all to ourselves, which was kind of fun and the kids were all great. We walked over to the show and, probably because of the weather, there was hardly anybody there! We got a good spot where the kids had room to dance and play (or eat grass, ask Levi!). Korri got LOTS of Sharon-time, so she was happy (and she even got some Pam-time, too!). No matter how many times I've watched a ski show (which is a LOT since we grew up watching the Little Crow Ski Team), I just don't understand how they can do most of what they do. My favorite: the four-man 360 degrees AROUND THE BOAT! Seriously, it just shouldn't be able to happen! They also did a four-man jump with a forward flip, which I don't remember them doing before.

We got home late, but both kids crashed pretty much the second they got into their beds. No time for a bath, even! Hope we can do it again next year, but maybe a little earlier in the season, since it was getting dark by the time it was over. Thanks for going with us, friends!! We had a blast. Of course, no pictures because I can NOT find my camera battery charger anywhere. Guess I better order a new one! Boo.

Jim and I are going to Kaua'i for our five year wedding anniversary! Has is really been five years already? Crazy how much has changed in five years. Can't wait for some much needed time away with the love of my life and best friend (that is the same person, in case you were wondering)! Consequently, today is Day 1 of "Operation Get-Skinny-for-Hawaii." Both of my children have asked me if I have a baby in my tummy...hmmm, time to lose weight! Wish me luck! I don't want people to run away screaming when I put on a swim suit ;)

No comments: