Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, August 31

Mixed feelings

We had our first evening ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) class last night. It was at a new location which is a school right by our house. I was really looking forward to it because it is one of the schools Finn will go to Pre-K/High 5 next fall AND we could do it as a family. Jim's negativity at doing anything new and/or unknown rubbed off on my by the time we got there, but I was determined to have a good attitude and enjoy myself and the kiddos. Until...we turned the corner and the teacher I HATE (yes, HATE and I hardly ever use that word, especially to describe people) was standing in the doorway. I am/was SO disappointed, coupled with the fact that it had to be 110 degrees in the building and the children's play/activity room was less than half the size of the other ECFE locations we've gone to. Still, I kept a stoic face and carried on. After "warming" up to a new space, the kiddos seemed to have a good time. Korri even did an art project with daddy...something Finn has done with me maybe three times in the three and a half years we've gone to ECFE!

This is Jim's first time going to an ECFE class where the parents separate from the kids to have "parent time." He didn't seem too sure about it, but if he doesn't like parent time, he can always go back and play with the kids instead! After class, we talked and decided that we would keep going to this class until THE teacher did or said something to put me over the edge and in the meantime, I would be positive and hopeful that she had changed. I REALLY hoped she had retired when they changed locations. Boo! The other aids/teachers are the same as well and they all remembered my kids (even though it had been over a year since they've seen them). The timing of class is going to be tough. It starts at 5pm, which means I will either need to leave work early OR Jim will need to pick the kiddos up from daycare and we will have to meet at ECFE every week. Also, it is right during dinner time and while they provide a snack at ECFE, my kids will be starving by the time class is over and there isn't time to feed them beforehand. AND it doesn't get over until 7pm, which is fine, but that means Korri will be going to bed late one night per week. It's always something, isn't it?!?!

No comments: