Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, August 27

Countryside Wine Tour

Friday evening, Dillon, Grandma and Austin all came over (Grandma and Austin for the weekend). It was a little hot, so we waited until after dinner to go to the park. There is a skate park by our house that Dillon wanted to try, but once we got there, he was a little intimidated and decided he’d rather play with Austin! Fine by me, as opportunity for injury scares me with skateboarding! I’m pretty sure fun was had by all.

Despite going on day SEVEN with a migraine, on Saturday, Jim and I went on a wine tasting tour (not very beneficial for “Operation Get-Skinny-for-Hawaii”). We’d been looking forward to this for quite a while, since we ended up having to reschedule twice. Grandma and Austin “babysat” the kids (Austin was VERY proud to be a babysitter!). We left downtown at noon and got home just before 6pm and went to three wineries in the west metro area (one in Delano and two in Waconia). Neither of us had ever been wine tasting before, so it was a new experience and each winery was SO different. I even found some red wine that I actually liked, go figure.





Now, I think we should open a winery! These pictures are with my lame phone camera...need to order a charger for my camera battery, as we were unable to find ours. Boo. I don’t think we’d do a tour again (it was pretty expensive), but I am interested to go to other wineries in MN. Oh, worth noting: it was the first tour for our “guide” since giving birth to twins SEVEN WEEKS ago! Seriously?!?! I think she liked getting away for a while.

The minute we got home, I took some medicine and slept until 8pm! I felt bad since I was away from the kids all day and then all evening, too, but I did FINALLY feel better when I woke up. I spent all day Sunday trying to keep the migraine away and now I woke up this morning with a sore throat and sinus pressure. Seriously?!?! Can’t I get a break? I could be worse…it could be worse…it can ALWAYS be worse…

Anyway, Sunday, Mom and I took the three kiddos to church. Finn whined non-stop, which was hard for me to handle and Austin had a hard time listening. Honestly between the three of them, I did NOT expect Korri to be the best behaved! Overall they weren’t “bad” so I’m thankful for that. Oh, and thank goodness for snacks! We had plans with Laura, Matt and Daphne for the morning, but with my migraine teetering on the brink of reemergence and not making plans ahead of time (can you believe I didn’t?!?!), I thought it was best to just hang out at home. Mom and Austin left when the kiddos went down for nap. Honestly, it was such a pleasant surprise to get to spend all weekend with Austin. If the consequence is us getting to have Austin for the weekend, I wish Mike would flake every one of his weekends (not for Austin’s sake, though). And I know I sound like a broken record, but thank you to Mom/Grandma the Super Hero! She mowed, did dishes, did laundry, made meals, watched three kids and even picked up the house (and probably more things I’m forgetting right now!). I love her visits, mainly so we can see her and spend time with her, but I SO appreciate the help, too!

No comments: