Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, February 13

A sweet shower

Can you believe baby Korri has been with us for two weeks already? In a way, it feels like she has always been part of our family and at other times, I still wonder where she came from and if her parents are coming to pick her up. Ha! Luckily, she's ours to keep forever :)

I consider Friday a success strictly based on the fact that I was able to achieve taking a shower while having both kids! Now, I don't think it happened before Noon, but I'll take what I can get. And it helped that Jim came home early from work, so I even got a little snooze in, too.

Yesterday, Angie and Erica dropped my mom off after their girls' night, so they got to see baby, and we got more time with my mom! Then, Becky and Pete came over to have dinner with us. A very nice evening was had and I even got a small glass of wine...wow, does that taste strong when you haven't had any for so long! Oh and I "made" Jim watch Die Hard. Yes, he grew up in that era and had shamefully never seen the movie. He wanted to not like it, but I think in the end, he didn't mind it. It isn't like it won any great acting awards, but it is a good high adrenaline action flick (and I happen to like Bruce Willis, too!). Now I need to get him to watch Breakfast Club. Did he live under a rock or what?!?! A few years ago, I made him watch Dirty Dancing. I wonder what other films he needs to be introduced to from the 80's...

I had two postpartum successes today...I finally fit into my shoes and "real" jeans! My swelling was so terrible after giving birth, that I've had to wear Jim's boots...yes, Jim's boots because even my boots wouldn't fit! My OB said it usually took about 10 days for the swelling to go down and I notice yesterday or Friday that it was considerably better. And today, I fit into pre-pregnancy jeans...albeit they were my "fat" jeans but I'll take it...for church and thought I'd test my luck with my shoes, too! Yup, both fit. Yay.

No comments: