Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, February 5

No/Yes

Finn is full into the "no" stage of being a two year old. He will say no even if the question isn't a yes/no answer. And even if it is something he wants, he will say "no" and then whine when he doesn't get it. Needless to say, it is very annoying. Jim has been working with him on this and sometimes it is hilarious. Last night Jim played a "game" with him where when Finn says "no," Finn gets a candy taken out of his candy dish and when he says "yes" one gets put back in. I don't know how much of the rules Finn really understands, but he did say "yes" five times in a row so he got five pieces of candy in his dish for snack time (then followed with a "no"!).  And later, he said, "Yes...candy!" Ha, ha. We also are big on telling him how nice his yes sounds. Maybe some of this will sink in eventually :)

Breast feeding continues to be hot and cold. I felt yesterday afternoon/evening went really well. Last night was so/so and now this morning, she just won't wake up enough to eat. I told her I wish I had the same problem: would rather sleep than eat! In a way, I feel like there is a lot of pressure on me to get her to gain weight so when she has a bad feeding, I fall apart. (Logically, Jim would rather just bottle feed her than worry about her weight) I do feel like it is getting a little better in that her latches seem to be a little better and she isn't unlatching nearly as much. Now if I could just figure out how to use the feeding tube without drenching both of us! Oh and now she seems to be getting a little stuffy...I don't know how she could miss getting sick with all the germs going around in our house this past week!

My wonderfully supportive mom rearranged her schedule this weekend and next week until Thursday so she could come and help out. I was just so overwhelmed and Jim is planning on going back to work on Tuesday, which the thought of nearly sends me into a panic. If baby was just eating well, I think I'd be able to relax a little bit. One day (or one feeding!) at a time. I really do feel like we will get there, but it is the "getting there" that is tough.

Here are a couple good pictures from yesterday:




No comments: