Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, February 25

Copy and paste

So that is what sleep feels like! My wonderful husband kept baby up until 2am last night (or at least took care of her until then!) so I got FOUR uninterrupted hours of sleep. And then, she slept 3 hours in between and I only had to get up at 5:30! If it were possible, I would totally copy and paste last night and redo it every night until she can go longer than 4 hours between feedings. I even woke up before her this morning! I'm not naive enough to think that one dose of the Zantac helped that much, but whatever it was, I hope it continues. And I feel like I've accomplished so much today...partly due to the extra sleep and probably partly due to not having Finn here! I love him, but he takes up a lot of my time, and rightly so.

I don't think I've updated how feedings are going lately. Things are 100% better. She still sometimes won't latch on, but I can usually figure out why (she is gassy or in the wrong position or something). My friend Julie, (who happens to be a lactation consultant!) kind of told me to stop worrying about how long per side (the hospital told me 15 minutes per side, which she still can not do because it is too long for her) and just watch her queues. Since I've started doing that, feeding sessions have been much more relaxed. I still like to note the time, so I know if she'll want to eat sooner or last longer between feeding, but I don't worry about it as much. I was worried about my supply if I didn't feed her exactly every two hours for 10 minutes per side, but so far, my supply seems fine. I hope that continues (you'll remember with Finn, my supply started to dry up). Thank you Julie!!!

No comments: