Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, February 27

4 weeks

Can it really be 4 weeks already since Korrigan was born? Man, that seems so crazy. I noticed while I was feeding her the other day that she seems bigger, so I weighed her on our scale at home. It isn't exact, but according to our scale, she weighs 8 1/2 lbs, which means she has gained one full pound since she was born (well, and really a pound and a half since she lost so much right away). We'll know for sure what she weighs on Wed when I take her into the doctor.

Your Baby: Week 4 Time to break out your silliest faces -- baby loves watching you make funny expressions. [Korri is starting to track objects and clearly starting to interact with her surroundings. I love when she looks at me like she really sees me and knows its me.] She's also drawn to contrasting patterns and light sources, so pick up some mobiles and baby toys with complex shapes for when your facial muscles tire. [oops, we don't have anything like that!] If baby seems a little cross-eyed, don't be alarmed -- she won't be able to focus on things further than about 12 inches from her eyes until she's three or four months old. She's also starting to learn some sweet new sounds like "coo" and "ahh." [she makes the cutest noise after she sneezes...I'd LOVE to catch it on video, but short of taping her for hours on end, I don't see that happening.]

Grandma is here! My mom came today and is staying for a few days. Jim had to travel for business, so I really appreciate the help and companionship. I also really appreciate that this is the first trip Jim has had to take considering that Korri is already a month old! We called grandma this morning to see when she would be coming and after talking to her, all day Finn kept saying, "Gwama is coming for a visit." So cute!

We noticed in the last few days that Finn's sentences have gotten much longer! This morning at breakfast, Finn said a seven word sentence (Jim counted!), which I think is really good. And then tonight, he said two sentences consecutively that related to each other, so who knows how many words that was?!?! The hard thing about his language skills, is that he is still only two years old! He will come up to us and say, "I want." We'll say, "Want what?" And he'll say, "Want what." Not understanding that we need him to explain what he is asking for. Argh! Because he talks so well, I think he should just be able to say and understand everything. But he quickly puts my feet back on the ground ;)

No comments: