Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, January 17

You go, girl

I think I might be having the most productive day of my life today (me thinks nesting?!?!). Thank you to my wonderful aunt Angie (and her kids) for taking Finn for part of the day so I could get stuff done! And my friend, Laura, for offering. Too bad every day isn't MLK day. Oh, Happy Martin Luther King day!

I got up nice and early for no reason (which actually ticks me off...but usually happens when I start thinking about all the things that need to get done). So I got up a little after 6:30am, went online to pay bills. Then found and endorsed checks to mail into the bank (a chore I always put off, which is kind of counter productive!). Then I sorted and actually went through close to a month's worth of mail (um, probably #1 thing I hate doing). Then I sanded the chair rail in baby's room (I puttied it last night). Then showered and had breakfast. Got Finn up and ready and took him to meet Angie. Came back and went through all of Finn's clothes! I hadn't done it since before he was in 12 month clothes and he is now transitioning into 24 month! Oops. As you can tell, I usually put it off as long as I can, and I think today was as long as it could go. And that isn't counting all the "little" things that you do in the regular coarse of a day that you just do! Yay, me. Now, I'd LOVE to be able to get the last coat of paint on the chair rail and top section of the wall in baby's room (I already have it taped off). Not sure I can do the high stuff by myself, though. We'll see :)

I'm also, trying to figure out what things we NEED right away when baby gets here, what things we can hold off on getting and what things are wants. Now, if only we had a money tree in our back yard!

No comments: