Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, January 10

Yum, Melting Pot

Les, with limited help from Jim and me, managed to finish painting the baby's room yesterday! My computer isn't set up yet since moving the office downstairs, so I can't post pictures, but it looks great. Lynn said Finn kept asking to see "baby sister's room" last night! Now we just need to put the chair rail and pink polka dots up (both of which we don't have yet!). Should be cute when completely finished! Thank you so much for your help and lunch from Panera, NeNe and Les!

Yesterday, Jim's mom came into town, so Jim and I were able to go out to dinner for my birthday. Jim had a whole surprise evening planned out, but had to make last minute alterations and let me in on the surprise given the turn of events from last week. He'd made reservations at Melting Pot, which is one of my favorite places to eat. I decided I was up for going to dinner there, mainly just because I wanted to go so badly. We nixed a movie afterward, though, so as not to over do it for me. Dinner was amazing and there was a birthday rose waiting for me at our table. So sweet. One down side was I ate so much that I started contracting on our way out to the car (but stopped when we got home). Oops. I decided I'd better eat smaller meals going forward! It was a great night out with my amazing husband.

This morning, Lynn watched Finn for me and I headed out to get a pedicure (SO over due!) and then to Jess's house for round two of my maternity photo shoot. Jim wanted to have a few risque pictures that the public studio didn't allowed for at the last one. I guess I am thankful that he is one of those guys that likes the pregnant body and not disgusted by it! I think it was a first for Jess (and certainly for me), but it was fun and I can't wait to see them (she is finishing up Finn's 2 year shoot first). I know Jim will love them.

This afternoon I was on my own with Finn, but luckily, Lynn didn't have to leave until around 1 and Finn napped for over 2 hours, so our time together alone and the stress associated with it was limited. After work, Jim picked us up and we went with to watch his basketball game. Finn LOVED it and was super good. I was able to just sit there, so, while a folding chair isn't the most comfortable, I was able to take it easy. Overall, day 1 of modified bedrest as a stay-at-home mom went well.

1 comment:

Meytal said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! Post pictures of the nursery.