Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, January 15

Taking a shower

Yesterday, Finn and I had nothing planned and definitely had too much time together by the end of the day. I just don't have patience for him right now, which I hate, but I also think it is that I just can't "do" what he wants/needs me to do, so we both get frustrated. You know it's bad when JIM points out that I don't have any patience :) Jim got home a little late because of the darn snow and I just finally put Finn in his bed...and he immediately stopped screaming and played in there for about half an hour! Hey, I normally would get him out as soon as he stops crying, but I figured we both needed the time apart!

I'm so excited for today. Stacey is throwing me a baby shower at her house in Plymouth! I'm so glad I haven't delivered yet for many reasons, but one is that due to Finn's early arrival, I never got to have a baby shower while still being pregnant (what women don't love to ogle a big preggo belly?!?!). Not that the showers that were generously given for Finn weren't wonderful and much appreciated! So, now I can cross that off my list of "didn't get to's" from the first time around. Lots of girlfriends are coming, so as long as I don't over do it, should be a blast!

I'm really getting excited about Baby T's room. Everything is cleared out (well, except for paint supplies!), the painting is finished (thanks, uncle Les!), the chair rail is going up today (thanks, Sam!!!), we have the pink polka dots (MAY need to get more, not sure) and her name applique for the wall should arrive next week (hope we don't change our minds!). Now we just need to get the furniture in and wait for baby to arrive! I'll definitely post pictures when the walls are ready!

Deal(s) of the Day: last night, I ordered Finn a pair of boots (nothing like waiting until winter is half over!), a pair of flip flops (hey, I'm hopeful summer will once again be here some day) and a pair of tennis shoes (for when he outgrows his current ones) at Target.com and spent less than $35 including shipping! I'm pretty proud of myself :) I wish I had the stamina to go to the store and not have to pay for shipping, but that won't be happening any time soon AND it seems they never have exactly what you are looking for in store anyway. I like Wal-mart's "ship-to-store" option, but then you still have to make a trip there to pick it up (normally, I wouldn't mind, but don't see that happening in the next few days!).

I haven't posted a picture in eons, so here is one from Thursday of daddy and Finn walking into the house from the car (see why Finn needs boots?!?!):
I knew we had a lot of snow, but seeing it in perspective to Finn, seems like even more! Even if my little guy IS a shorty ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I didn't know you needed little boy boots. I have some here that I think would fit Finn & last the rest of the winter. :-( Janice