Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, January 12

Take it easy

We had an OB appt this morning, which went well, all things considered. I'm now dilated to a 2, still 50% effaced, but the big difference, and potential reason for concern, is that my "bag of waters" is bulging through my cervix. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it could also mean my water is going to break any minute. It doesn't help that I've had a significant increase in discharge the last couple of days (TMI, sorry!), which could mean my mucus plug is slowly disintegrating as well. I just want to last until Sunday, since my friend Stacey is throwing me a baby shower on Saturday!

My OB reiterated to me that I must take it easy and do as little as possible, at least until 36 weeks, with NO lifting. Hmmm...I do as little as possible, but it is probably more than I should do. It is just so hard with Finn. Although, he did walk into the house from the car after the appt...I think it was a first for him to walk in the snow, even if it was just a dusting on the sidewalk, so of course, it took even longer than his normal snail pace of walking. Finn is being allowed to watch far more TV than he ever has before and more than I'm comfortable with, but it is the only way I can think of to keep him entertained and me resting (luckily PBS has appropriate shows almost all day and I tell myself at least they are educational!). A testatment to that: Jim asked Finn what his favorite animal was at the doctor and Finn's response, "Elmo." Hmmm...

Tomorrow might be a little much for me because I really want to take Finn to ECFE in the morning (he missed last week because I was in the hospital). It is so good for him to play with kids his age and get out of the house and I like the adult time, as well. And then in the afternoon, we have PT. I guess we'll see how it goes!

Finn's EI team came yesterday, which is always a great morning. We are trying to work on Finn's core muscle strength, which is tough when I can't do much. My nurse came later and now I only have one more hormone shot left! Yay :)

Oh, and Jim set my computer up last night, but I still don't have things organized. I really want to get some pictures uploaded, so we'll see if I can find the right cord.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Stacy, Stacy, Stacy...we're supposed to have *our* baby first!! :)