Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, January 18

Over did it

Okay, for those of you who said something and those of you who thought it, but didn't say anything...yes, I over did it yesterday! In part, I was trying to prove a point, but I paid for it today. I had pain in my lower back and lower abdomen every time I moved...but could rest comfortably, which was good. Experienced more painful contractions then I'm used to as well (but like Jim said, "I suppose you didn't call your doctor?" Um, nope). SO, I took it very easy today. I did NOT get the chair rail painted or even Finn's laundry done. There is always "tomorrow" right? Speaking of tomorrow, we have Finn's 2 year well child doctor appointment and my OB appointment right after (Finn's is at Children's and OB is across the street). Jim is going to both, so hopefully won't over do it.

If you could include dear friend of ours in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated. They are currently 20 weeks pregnant and were in the hospital today with contractions. She delivered their first son at 23 weeks, so this is obviously a critical time for them. Luckily, terbutaline worked for her and they were able to get the contractions under control and go home tonight. Hopefully, they won't be back for a long time!

Finn wore boots for the first time today. His new boots came and I tried them on him and he says, "Go walk in the snow?" How cute. Unfortunately for him, it was far too cold and it was the last thing I wanted to do. BUT, he did get to wear them after daddy got home when we went out to dinner, so he was happy and figured out quickly they are easy to get off! Even so, I'm glad I got them a size bigger than I was going to. Now I KNOW they will last through this never ending winter.

No comments: