Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, January 20

Monkey see

I was wondering what last night would bring: it was a full moon and a low pressure went through (both of which are supposedly reported to bring on labor). I definitely had contractions all night, but nothing to make us go to the hospital. I've been having stronger ones today, but I also took Finn to ECFE by myself this morning, so I'm sure the physical activity might have contributed to that.

You know the saying, "monkey see, monkey do?" Well, Finn is and has been a super big copy cat for a long time, especially with language. But recently, I've started noticing it in other parts of his life...and it is usually based on what daddy is doing. The other night, we were eating pasta for dinner and once Finn realized that daddy was using a fork (Finn was using a spoon), he said, "oh, fork" and picked it up to eat his pasta. Then another day, daddy was eating bread with his meal and Finn instantly demanded bread, too! He definitely looks at both of us for cues on how he should respond to different situations (like, should I be scared by this? How do you feel when this happens? That kind of stuff). It just goes to show me what a sponge he is and how much he is taking in all the time. I feel like he has left his baby-hood behind and is now a full fledged toddler (which actually probably happened months ago, but I wasn't willing to admit it).

Oh and any time we walk by the baby's room, he has to comment, "baby sister's room." So cute. I also had Jim bring in the infant car seat from the garage so I could wash it up and have it ready for when baby comes. I must have said it was for baby sister at some point, because now, every time he sees it, he says, "baby sister's car seat." He is so perceptive and his memory is ridiculous. I have a feeling if we were both tested, he would score higher on memory retention than I would...especially now while I still have pregnancy brain!

No comments: