Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, January 15

Home again?

Well, that was one way to spend an afternoon/evening. First of all, I'm home, doing fine and still pregnant.

I'd vaguely noticed a decrease in fetal activity last night and today during the day. I didn't honestly think anything of it because I thought I was just so busy that I hadn't been paying attention. Well, by the time I got home around 3pm, I mentioned it to Jim, who became very concerned. I waited until about 4pm and then called the doctor for fear that if I didn't, I would end up divorced. My doctor happened to be on call and after listening to what I had to say, recommended going in right away just to be monitored to make sure all was well with the baby.

So, we got Finn up from his nap and headed into Abbott. Yes, this would be trip #3 to our beloved hospital. Isn't 3 supposed to be the charm or something like that? Anyway, once they hooked me up, baby started moving and her heart rate was great...but I then started contracting, but nothing painful. After about an hour, the nurse had talked to my doctor and they decided to do a cervix check before sending me home. Well, I was dilated to a 3, which was progress from last Wed when I was at a 2. SO...they hooked me back up and had me stay for 2 hours, for which I was contracting considerably, both in number and intensity. Then she checked me again and since my cervix hadn't progressed in 2 hours, they figured it wasn't the beginning of true labor and sent us home with the instructions to "take it easy."

Argh! I'm almost to the point where the mental stress isn't worth "cooking" the baby longer. I mean, obviously, that is what is best, but you have NO idea what it is like to think you are going into labor every day for NINE weeks, then to go into the hospital with preterm labor, only to be sent home again and again...and again! Well, on the bright side, all are well and home...for now!

2 comments:

Becky A said...

Hugs Stacy!!! She'll come when she's ready, not when you're ready. It sounds like she's making progress though so hang tight and really, take it easy.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Stacy! I am being told that as well and I understand how hard it is to take one step forward and what feels like a few back. Taking it easy is not all it is cracked up to be as life does not stop, especially with a 2 year old. When you hold your beautiful girl in your arms, I trust that much, if not all of this, will be forgotten. I am thinking of you and hoping I get strong enough soon to help out a bit more.
Love to all,
DeAnn (Ne Ne)