Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, January 6

Happy birthday, Finn

And hopefully only Finn! Auntie NaeNae is watching him today, but hopefully they, plus auntie Becca and Austin, can come to visit this afternoon. We talked to Finn on the phone this morning and auntie says he misses us and keeps asking about us. I wasn't even sure he would notice with his aunties and Austin around! Hope to at least be able to have some ice cream with him to celebrate (there is a McDonald's downstairs...which I still think is so funny).

Anyway, update on Baby sister. So far, it doesn't look like she will be stealing Finn's birthday. Yay! Probably a bigger deal to me than it would be to them (because Kristine and I are one day apart), but I can't help it. If things continue as they are, the plan is to discontinue the Magnesium Sulfate at 2pm today. At that point, the steroids have done their magic on baby's lungs and there isn't a reason to continue the Mag, thankfully. They will then monitor me and the baby for 24 hours and if things look good, we will be able to go home tomorrow afternoon/evening! Yay!

Of course, I will be the magic 34 weeks tomorrow, so if anything does happen to progress, they do not try to stop labor at that point. If I am able to hold off for a few weeks, they should be interesting weeks. I haven't talked to the doctor about what life will be like at home after discharge, but I'm assuming bedrest or modified bedrest. So, if any of your have some free time and would like to either come over next week or the following week(s) and play with Finn or have him for a day, please let us know. Jim has some flexibility with work, but he does have to go in to work some time! At this point, I have truly given this pregnancy and birth to God and whatever happens going forward is what is supposed to happen. And, we know we can and will be able to deal with it.

I am comfortable and so happy my water hasn't broken this time. Other than being tied to the IV, the side effects from the Mag and occasional fetal/maternal monitoring, I have much more mobility than last time (hey, I'm even allowed to sit up as I type this!). I also want to thank everybody for their wonderful support and prayers over, well, this whole pregnancy, but also over the last few days. It really means more than we can ever properly express. Jim, Finn, Baby and I are so truly blessed to have the magnificent support network that we do. THANK YOU!!

2 comments:

Lorry said...

Stacy you are an inspiration. You have been able to look adversity in the face, you have been able to look uncertaintly in the face and prevail...You have a wonderful husband, and phenominal son and a beautful baby girl that is so far listening to your prayers and holding off. I continue to pray for you and your family.

Love you lots

Pam said...

Praying for you!