Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, January 24

Good night, bad morning

Well, last night was uneventful, but this morning was not. Finn was just sobbing when I got him up and I immediately knew he had a fever. We took his temp and it was 103.4 (which is VERY high for him). He could not be consoled and was having a difficult time breathing in. SO, we called the nurse's line at his clinic and while we waited for them to call back, Jim called our insurance nurse's line, too. The nurse said that when there is the combination for fever and breathing issues, the child needs to be seen right away. Unfortunately, our clinic was double booked all day and their Urgent Care is the Children's ER, which we wanted to avoid if possible. We took Finn over to the Urgent Care Clinic by our house and they were able to see us. The doctor was not concerned with RSV or croup because his lungs sounded fine. They tested for strep and the flu, but both came back negative. So, after over two hours, basically he has a virus and we just need to keep him hydrated, well rested and hopped up on Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Argh. I'm glad I canceled our play date with the Arks today...I would have felt terrible!

4 comments:

Laura said...

So sad Finn isn't feeling well. I know how you feel about canceling play dates, I had to cancel one today too - I am pretty sure my kids have Fifths Disease. Ugh!

Aunt Kelsie said...

Get Better Mr. Finnegan!!!

Stacy Thomas said...

I've never heard of Fifths Disease before. But I googled it ;) Hopefully they get better quickly!!

Lisa Q said...

I have totally been in that same situation before with the clinic - so frustrating. Yet they are such a good place for our boys to go. It's a catch 22. I really hope Finn feels better soon!!