Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, January 29

A few pictures

As requested by some, here is a half picture of the baby's room:
I can't show you the other view yet because it has her name on the wall! My aunt Janice has graciously agreed to make curtains and a crib skirt, so it obviously isn't complete yet. I'm hoping the curtain panels will be a pink and white stripe and the valance will be polka dots. I'm having a little bit of a hard time finding the exact fabric I want, but hopefully it is out there.

On Thursday night, we decided it had been too long since we'd been to our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Loro, so the three of us went out to dinner. Finn hadn't been eating much all week because he wasn't feeling well, but he made up for it there! He had tons of chips with salsa, white dip and cheese dip, half a cheese quesadilla, some refried beans and rice.
 Yes, he is eating the salsa straight out of the salsa cup. Hey, there are far worse things for you to eat!

Then yesterday, NeNe also came over and brought us LeeAnn Chin for lunch, which happens to be one of my favorites. I really appreciated the gesture because NeNE is recovering from knee replacement surgery and while it is getting easier, still isn't super easy for her to get around. But she is more mobile every time I see her! Yay for recovery. Then my wonderfully thoughtful friend, Stacey, (and her son Dillon!) came over and brought this beautiful and yummy cake to celebrate making it to full term:
I'm so thankful and lucky to have a friend like her in my life. Thanks for the company, ladies! Finn's fever broke Thurs AM, but now his cough and runny nose are here with a vengeance. It has been a week since he first got sick, so I'm hoping it won't last too much longer...makes for a crabby and easily irritated Finn (and mom, too, I suppose)!

No comments: