Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, January 26

Face plant

Finn seems to be feeling better today. His temperature was 99.0 this morning, which is fantastic. He still has a slight cough and runny nose and is super fragile as far as temperament, but slowly getting back to his normal self (thankfully!).

Finn and I went to my weekly OB visit this morning. The weirdest thing...we ran into our friends Laura and Matt there! I didn't know they went to the same OB we did. Too funny. I guess the OB world is smaller than I thought. The other funny thing is that my OB LOVES Finn. Every time she asks if he can stay with her all day. Today, since it was just me, she picked him up and had him help with the heartbeat monitor and gave him gloves to play with. At one point I even though, "Hey, isn't this appointment supposed to be about me?!?!" At least I know he is welcome there.

I am now 70% effaced (measures the thinning of the cervix) and still dilated to a 3 (measures the opening of the cervix). She is amazed and confused as to why I haven't delivered yet and said she would be happy to see me in tonight since she is on call at Abbott! However, based on how well I'm feeling, I don't think that is going to happen any time soon, unless my water breaks or something. She had me make all of my next appointments in the hopes that when you plan ahead, you won't need them! Ha. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I have a few things I'd like to get done yet before baby comes, so I guess I'm not in a huge hurry.

After the appointment, we met our friends Lisa and Samuel for story time at the Global Market, which is conveniently maybe 3 blocks from the clinic. I didn't know how Finn would do since he still isn't 100%, but overall, he did fine. He got thirsty and being the terrible mom that I am, I forgot to bring a cup or a snack. Oops. It was good to catch up in person with Lisa and so weird because we are both at such different stages in our pregnancies (here's hoping for at least 2 more weeks for them so they make it to 23 weeks...and beyond!). She is a super adorable pregnant lady, by the way. Just a little ball right in front. So cute.

And to make me feel even worse, I was taking Finn's boots off when we got home and he did a major face plant straight onto our hardwood floor! His lip bled a ton (including on both of our shirts), but he actually recovered quicker than I did, I think. Wonder what his lip will look like when he gets up from his nap. I know bumps and bruises are normal, but he is such a cautious kid that I'm just not used to them yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so nice to hear that Finn is feeling better and you are feeling good too. I am so sorry to hear about the face plant. He is so so sweet and I bet there were plenty of huge tears. Thanks for the updates.

DeAnn (Ne Ne)