Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, January 1

Cool birth days

PT went so well on Thursday AM that Melissa thinks after our next appt in two weeks, we may be able to take a break from PT for a while until Finn gets stronger and more stable with his walking! I never know when you can say you child is "walking" per se, but I think I'm comfortable officially calling Finn a walker. He made leaps and bounds over Christmas (with so many people here, he had to keep up and there was always somebody close to catch him if he fell!). But at PT yesterday, he stood over over 15 second independently while playing with a toy and walked unassisted without falling for over 50 feet...that is a LONG way. Now he just needs to build his confidence and balance and I think he'll be a pro. Of course, he had to show off and run yesterday, too (albeit clumsily). See, I told you he would start running as soon as he started walking!

Thursday night we got to celebrate the wonderful engagement of our friends Ryan and Leah by hosting a dinner at our house with them and our friend Doug. I worked with Ryan at Gander Mountain and wasn't sure there was a woman out there who would be able to put up with him...but I was wrong. Not only does Leah put up with him, but she makes him step out of his obstinate shell, too! A perfect pairing if there ever was one. Congratulations, guys!

Last night we took Finn to his first Wild hockey game (courtesy of Jim's cousin Matt...THANK YOU for asking us, Matt!!). Finn was super duper extra good! I guess the trick to him being good in church is bringing the Wild hockey game with us! Now the only thing left on Finn's tour of MN sports is a Vikings game...I'm thinking that one might be a while!

After the game, we went over to Becky's for a little New Year's (low key) party. I think Finn does so much better with walking when there are people around. He was a walking stud last night, like it was no big deal. Finn stayed up until 10:30 pm (which I couldn't believe), but then he started wandering aimlessly around asking for any food he could see, so I figured it was time for bed. He cried for maybe 30 seconds and then was out cold, even though we were playing Rockband in the room next to him and were making lots of noise (oh and using the connecting wall as target practice with Austin's new nerf gun)! We stayed later than I was thinking and it was hard for me to stay awake while driving home, but all three of us had a blast. Hey, I slept in until 10am...which NEVER happens! Thanks for hosting us, auntie Becca, Pete and Austin!

Happy New Year! I can't believe it is 2011. Crazy. I told Jim this morning it would be kind of cool to have a baby today because her birthday would be 1/1/11, but then I said 1/11/11 would be better (another week and a half of cooking time). However, he said we should have one on 11/11/11...which means we'd have to get re-pregnant the minute we have this one. I don't think know that's not going to happen!! Sorry, Jim ;) I am not one to make new year's resolutions (because I'm a believer that if you want to change something, you should do it any day, not just at the beginning of a new year), but I had a good one for this year and now I can't remember it. Oh, well. It couldn't have been THAT good. Did you make any resolutions? How long do you think you'll stick to it?

No comments: