Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, January 16

Celebrating Miss. T

Well, before all the "excitement" of yesterday afternoon's visit to the hospital, I had some excitement of my own at the baby shower Stacey (and Connie!) threw for me. It was perfect in every way and I had so much fun catching up with so many girlfriends. Stacey was the perfect hostess and didn't let me get up for anything, well except to use the bathroom about halfway through the shower...and I'm sure she would have helped with that if she thought it would have caused me less stress some how! Thank you to all my wonderful friends who came to support little Miss Thomas (and those that wanted to, but weren't able). She is such a lucky girl and she isn't even here yet. The gifts were overly generous (with lots of pink!) but really, just getting together to celebrate her meant the most to me (and Jim, he said so!). THANK YOU Stacey and Connie for a wonderful time, scrumptious food and lending your beautiful home for the event!

Side note: Did anybody take any pictures? I brought my camera but forgot to take it out of my purse. If so, please email them to me!

Of course, my day started out a little stressful as I had to start and clear off my car of snow before leaving (and drag a heavy box out to my car...oops!). Then I left in plenty of time to get there early enough to just relax. Until I realized about a quarter of the way there that I took the wrong car! I took my car, duh, but Jim needed it to take Finn to swimming, since that is where Finn's car seat is. SO, I had to turn back, clear off Jim's car with Jim's help and Jim moved the heavy box to his car. Oh and on the way there, I realized that either I didn't know how to operate Jim's wipers or he was out of wiper fluid (it was option #2, if you're curious!). By the time I got to Stacey's I was pretty frazzled, but I technically wasn't late, as I think it was 5 minutes to 11am! Sheesh. Why do I do things like that?!?! I'll blame pregnancy brain yet again (I'd better use that excuse while I still can!!).

And to top off the wonderful event, while we ladies were "showering," Stacey's husband Sam came over to our house to install the chair rail in Miss T's room! What an amazing friend he is! And it looks awesome. Now I/we just need to fill the holes, do a little caulking and do one last coat of paint! So excited.

No comments: