Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, January 8

Basket case

I don't know if it is the stress of the last few days or if going into preterm labor has muddled up my already crazy pregnancy hormones, but I was on an emotional roller coaster yesterday. I would go from feeling immense joy at the smallest thing like watching Finn walk next to Jim on the way into the kitchen, to being in full tears because I couldn't help with putting Finn to bed. Of course, it didn't help when I talked to my mom on the phone. What is it...things are fine and the second you hear your mom's voice, turn on the water works (well, for me at least). I think part of it for me is that it is hard having to sit and watch Jim have to do everything by himself. I don't mind the occasional break, but not being able to help at all is tougher than I thought.

I'm sure my nerves were on heightened alert yesterday and I was contracting almost the entire time since we got home, which was a little after 11am. It felt so good to be home, but the second Finn got here, I think my blood pressure rose, too. I was able to calm down after Finn went to bed and had a fairly restful night...nothing like being back in your own bed! Not to mention the wonderful shower in my own bathroom with my own things this morning!

Right now, Jim and Finn are at swim class, Finn's first of the winter session. I think this might be the first time Jim has taken him by himself. I know they will do well...although I felt a little left out, but I know I would over do it, even if I just went to watch. Contractions have slowed this morning and I was even able to help a little bit with Finn before they left.

No comments: