Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, December 22

Trying Twos

Last night cousin Lauren (aka NoNen by Finn!) watched Finn so we could go to our prebirth hospital tour at Abbott. Now, I know what you may be thinking...Didn't they spend TWELVE days there when Finn was born? And you would be correct. However, since we are hoping for a full term baby and a "normal" birth (whatever that is!!), we wanted to know what normal procedures will be when I go into labor, instead of being rushed over there by ambulance and being in the high risk areas the majority of the time. The tour itself was very helpful, but the nurse giving it left something to be desired. Oh, well. Now we at least know where to go! Oh, and they remodeled the postpartum wing, so it is nicer than it was when I was there, which is good because I was not impressed ;) She said they will have an entire new "hospital" for maternity care in two years...doesn't do us much good now ;)

So, I think they are upon us. First, let me start by saying I love everything about my son even when he is naughty and testing me. That being said, the Terrible Twos are knocking on our door and at times, I have wondered what the number is for a local adoption agency! A friend at ECFE said they call them the Trying Twos! I guess the "good" news is that he doesn't really seem to do it for other people yet, mainly me and sometimes Jim. Lauren said he was a peach last night (keep in mind that he completely adores her). Really?!?! Before we left, he had to have a time out in his crib because he was screaming uncontrollably and I don't even remember why. And earlier we "argued" for 10 minutes about what he was eating for lunch with HUGE crocodile tears...and then he eventually ate what I wanted him to anyway! Argh. Ready or not, here they are, I guess!

Are you ready for Christmas? All shopping is done and a little over half of the wrapping, I would say...thanks to Lauren's help yesterday. Now I just need to find boxes for the rest of the stuff and get them under the tree, too. What's the rush? We have two days. Ha, ha.

No comments: