Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, December 6

Stinky Socks

Stacy mentioned that I haven't written a post in a while and Finn said something funny today that she wasn't going to write about. So if anyone was going to hear about it that it was going to have to come from me - more about that in a minute depending on how fast you read. It indeed has been a long time and those of you who know me would think I'd like to see my name on a byline as many time as possible but Stacy has been doing such a wonderful job I figured why mess up a great thing. So here goes messing it up - I'll keep it short and to the point...for the most part.

I'll start out by saying thank you for those who continue to read this blog and support us with or without comments....although I prefer comments!! As Thanksgiving has passed and Christmas approaches I don't have much more to add to things I'm grateful for beyond Stacy's top ten thank you list which should be required reading somewhere.

When Stacy was at one of her appointments with the new OB, I had the chance to spend most of the session with Finn's EI team. I can see why Stacy likes them so much. They are so kind and helpful and it is obvious how much they love Finn and want to see him doing well. Since they are employed by the school district we are talking about education, so while we're talking about learning all I have to say about the birthing class we went to is, "wow." I can't believe how much I didn't know. Reading the pregnancy book daily and having had one kid already I would have thought I knew enough but I guess having one at nine months (hopefully) is different than five! That's for those of you who think that I think I know everything...I don't, maybe close though.

On to the good stuff. So today Stacy went out shopping. Maybe she went alone because I thought that Finn should spend some time apart due to his separation fits and she should get out on her own but more likely because I was too lazy to go out - whose to judge though? Anyway, I was changing him (thanks Papa for practically making that part of our marriage vows - sarcastic or not? you can figure it out) and he tried to pull off one of his socks at which point I said stinky socks. Well, he tried to repeat it and what he said would make anyone who was at church with us this morning while he was screaming blush.

When Mommy got home, I thought I'd take the opportunity to confirm what he'd said. After much distraction from the football on TV that Finn would swear was the Vikings and was not (he thinks anything related to football is the Vikings, don't even get me started about him saying Vikings when he sees anything Gopher related - at least he loves Goldy), I got him to repeat "stinky socks." And sure enough there it was clear as day - children should either stop reading or ask their parents what this means - he said "kinky cocks." I'm sure his mother was proud - no comment on Daddy's thoughts! What is it that they say about "out of the mouths of babes?" Not sure that's what they meant with that phrase but we laughed our butts off before we realized that he would then just keep repeating it because of our laughter!

I think (read hope) that he's forgotten it by now so hopefully it will be back to just calling balls "balldies" (given the subject matter, this clarifies that in saying this I mean basketballs, footballs, baseballs, etc.) which I think is a combo platter of ball and Goldy.

Again, thanks for the well-wishes and here's to hoping I don't have anything to write about until February!

Bet you didn't think I'd write this did you Stacy? As Sasha would say ha-ha! Love you!

2 comments:

Stacy Thomas said...

No, I did NOT think you'd write about it, but it made me laugh! To Finn's credit, he did sleep through most of the Vikings game, and I DID have a jersey on, so he was a little confused. Pretty sure "baldie" come from trying to teach him "volleyball" remember? He gets confused with so many proper name for all the "balls" he plays with. And for the record, if 8 paragraphs is short, I wonder how long "long" would be ;) Love it. Thanks, honey.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys
Finally able to limp over to the computer with my walker and get caught up on the blog. Sure glad I don't have an abdominal incision--the laughter may have warranted more pain meds in any case. I am glad things are quiet; let's continue to pray for that and love love love the decision to go with an OB. You will not regret it.
I miss you all
Ne Ne