Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, December 18

More, please

On Thurs, Finn and I went to ECFE. He was really happy when Jane, his PT, came for a visit (since they had to cancel Tuesday's visit). He STILL cried when I left, even with Jane next to him. Argh. I know this phase will pass, but it does make me feel bad. One mom said you have to treat it like a business and not take it personally! Ha, I thought that was funny. The snack was apples and Greek yogurt and they said he ate three helpings, MAYBE an ounce each, of the yogurt (if you've had Greek yogurt, it is very thick and not sweet at all). Not sure how he did on the apple, though! They also said they were impressed with his ability to use a spoon. Honestly, I think the teachers that stay with the kids think he is younger than he really is (because he is small and doesn't walk) because Jim and I do NOT think he is good with a spoon! But he tries and that's what matters at this stage.

In the afternoon we went to PT. We ran some errands after class, which means he didn't have time for a nap...but fell asleep on the way there. I waited in the car until one minute before our appointment so he could sleep a little longer...and then they had forgotten to switch our appointment times! I was a little ticked because it was the second thing the reception messed up in one week for us (as far as scheduling). I was proud of myself because I actually said something. Luckily, the time I had rescheduled for was still open, so we still got in. Melissa thought Finn was doing fabulously, but she hadn't seen him in a MONTH, and looking back, I guess he has made a ton of progress since before Thanksgiving. We are going to revisit the issue of his feet in two weeks (we ran out this time).

We had our last swim class of the session yesterday morning. We signed up for winter class, but on Saturdays so Jim can help with Finn. It just takes too much out of me to get us both ready, work with him in the water by myself and then get us both ready to leave again. Plus, Finn loves having daddy in the water much more than me (you know, dads are just more fun!!).

In the afternoon, we had to run to the post office. Ugh! But it honestly wasn't that bad. This time of year, they actually have enough people working to keep the line moving. We waited in line about 5 minutes and were out the door about 2 minutes later. Much better than I was anticipating. Of course, by not even doing anything, Finn had all the workers smitten...I don't know how he does that!!!

No comments: