Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, December 28

It Won't Be Like This For Long

You know how when you're struggling with something and God has a way of putting things in perspective or having you notice something you otherwise wouldn't have that makes you feel better? Well, as you can tell from my previous post this morning, times have been a little rough for me the last few days (and weeks, if you count the issues we've been having with Finn). Well, Darius Rucker has a song out called "It Won't Be Like This For Long" and the song talks about the different stages in life. The chorus for the preschooler stage goes like this (and is specifically talking about separation anxiety):

It won’t be like this for long
One day soon you'll drop her off
And she won’t even know you're gone
This phase is gonna fly by
If you can just hold on
It won’t be like this for long

Thank you, God. I needed that!! I should buy that CD so I can listen to that song every day. I don't want to wish any phase of my child(ren)'s lives away and even if it is tough right now, things will always get better. And when Finn is being his normal sweet self, it totally makes up for any issues we are having. And I want/need to rememeber that!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well Stacy, I would say no matter how you cut it the holidays are stressful and exhausting. SO, you had family in both days, interrupted schedules and usually eating patterns and I am not surprised you feel the way you do. The storm of activities wears everyone out, not to mention you are quite far along (thankfully) in your pregnancy. Try to take it easy if you can for a few days. Finn is probably out of sorts for the same reasons. I will have you in my thoughts. Hang in there.
DeAnn

Nikki said...

Love that song. It does put things into perspective.
Hang in there. The exhaustion of the holidays is probably to blame for both Finn's behavior and your feelings.

Aunt Kelsie said...

Please call me if you need me! I would love to hang out with Finn!!! Or call me if you want some girl time! We're usually pretty good at that! Gotta love Hootie! Not to mention in the next few weeks/months I'm going to be pretty lonely so I might need you! ;)

It won't be like this for long.