Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, December 9

The hydrologic cycle

Yesterday, Finn and I had a play date with a friend from Preemie class. Samuel is three, but was a 23 weeker, so he was even earlier (and smaller!) than Finn was. Lisa, Samuel's mom, is pregnant with their second as well, so it is really nice to have somebody who is going through the same feelings and precautions and fear that I am. I seriously think we could talk all day about this stuff! She is also the one who recommended me to my new OB, so I'm very grateful for that. We went to "Wee Wednesdays" at the Midtown Global Marketing. The program was for much older children (the hydrologic cycle which is the circulation and conservation of earth's water...in case you didn't know!), but they have a play area and lots of choices for lunch. I hope we can do it again soon! The Global Market is where Jim would walk to for dinner when I was in the hospital trying to not birth Finn. Since I couldn't leave my bed at the time, it was nice to see where he'd been going.

Stacey (and Dillon) dropped off a maternity coat for me! Yay. I think my shoulders are a little broad for it, but Jim says I'm just too critical. It is nice that it actually fits around my belly (and it is super cute). I think I'll be okay as long as I'm not wearing a sweater or sweatshirt or anything bulky like that. Thanks for letting me borrow it, Stace!

Jim had a quick over night business trip to Michigan Tuesday night, so Finn and I went to pick him up at the airport yesterday. Man, I have to say, after being so used to his all week trips, one night is nothing! Other than Finn asking where daddy is every three and a half minutes! Oh, and if you don't already know, the construction on 35W appears to be done and it is fabulous!!! Granted, I wasn't driving through heavy rush hour traffic, but it was after 4pm on our way home and only slight slow downs on 35W (62 was a different matter!). Love how wide it is now.

This morning, I got a call from Becky saying that Austin couldn't be at daycare because somebody was sick. SO...he got to go to ECFE with us! I wasn't too worried about it since the age range is fairly large and there are a couple of siblings that come along. I just mentioned to Austin that he had to be careful since all of the other kids were smaller than he is. I know Finn loved having Austin there and on the way home, Austin said to me, "Can you pick me up next time you go to that class?" How cute! I wish he lived closer or I would!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

stacy - yes, let's do it again. only maybe when there is a better event for toddlers (I thought it was funny that any kid old enough to understand that should have been in school, not at the Global Market!) and when I have my wallet. it was great to see you guys!