Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, December 29

Go go Vikings

Yesterday I got my weekly hormone shot. Ouchie! Some of the medication came back out of the injection site and it literally took my breath away it was so painful (you should know how much it must take for me to stop talking!!). It continued to sting for about an hour afterward, but nothing like it was while the medicine was on my skin. Now I understand why they have a special procedure for injecting the medicine. I hope that doesn't happen again (only three more shots, I think!).

My OB appt went well. My OB was at the hospital delivering a baby so I saw the nurse practitioner instead (which was kind of nice only because there wasn't a wait!). We talked about my recent symptoms and my mood changes. She said to keep track of it all and call the nurses line for any reason or if anything gets worse. I will get the results of the FFN test today, but my cervix was thick and closed, which is what we want! I think this baby may actually stay put until she is supposed to arrive ;)

On a very happy note, the Vikings actually WON last night! So weird to watch football on a Tuesday night, but if moving the game to a non-football night is what it takes to get a win, I'll do it every week if possible. It was so much fun watching Webb (our rookie) quarterback blossom before our eyes and even more exciting was the amount of blitzing and pressure we put on Vick! I've always said that defenses win games...it was definitely true last night. We play our last game on Sunday against the Lions, which coincidentally is the same time as Finn's birthday party. I hope we can leave this crazy 2010 season behind with a win streak going into the 2011 season.

No comments: