Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, December 15

Flowers and Cake Design

Well, we've somewhat recovered from all the snow. Just after "we" got done shoveling, they came through and plowed our sidewalk back in! So frustrating. I'm hoping we can get our snow blower fixed before the next snow storm. Well, maybe the next after the next because we are supposed to get 3" more tonight and tomorrow! Sheesh. I guess when you have this much, what is a little more? Just not sure where we are going to PUT it!

Monday was the last class of my Flowers and Cake Design Class. A HUGE thank you to aunt Kelsie for babysitting! Here is my final project:
I didn't have a clear vision for how I wanted it to turn out, but I think it looks okay. The basket weave on the side was time consuming, but I really enjoyed learning that technique. Our instructor says she reserves that for very special occasions, since it does take so much time. It helps when you have a short cake like mine! Our next class which starts in Jan is Gum Paste and Fondant. We will learn how to create gum paste calla lilies, carnations, daisies, mums and roses, and also do ruffles, borders & bows (interesting since I can't seem to make a good looking bow with normal ribbon!).

Poor Finn has had a major case of cabin fever. Before yesterday, he hadn't been out of the house since Friday morning. First the weather was too bad and we were snowed in and then the temps were just too cold. AND his EI team had to cancel yesterday morning because Minneapolis schools were closed (they go by their schedule). However, after I got my weekly hormone shot, Finn and I met Stacey and Connie at Benihana for lunch!
This was a first for Finn and although he was tired and whiny (even if Stacey said he was actually really good!), he was amazed by the chef for sure! He ate half my rice and loved the chicken and ice cream! Thank you for an absolutely perfect time, ladies! I really enjoyed myself. How did I know Finn was tired? He fell asleep on the 10 minute drive home and didn't wake up when we got home, when I unbuckled him, when I brought him inside, carried him upstairs, took his mittens, hat and snow suit off. He only woke up when I lifted him into the crib. Then he just stuck in his thumb and rolled over. You have to understand that this child does NOT do this. First, he hardly ever falls asleep in the car and second, when he does, he wakes up the second you try to unbuckle him. I guess next time I'll make sure he is well rested.

No comments: