Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, December 16

Finn walking?

Yesterday morning, Finn and I ventured out to check out a "Mom's Club" for our neighborhood. They had their monthly meeting, so it was a good time to see what it is all about and sign up! They have an event scheduled every day of the week and you can chose to go to whatever events you want to (or none at all!). I, of course, signed up but I really think it will be good for us since Finn and I are already going stir crazy and it is only December. I left my new member packet there (too many things to remember...at least I didn't forget Finn!), so I'll have to wait until they email me more information. They had somebody come in today to play guitar so we could sing Christmas carols. The first request was Jingle Bells...Finn was in heaven. The second request was Frosty the Snowman...Finn was over the moon. THEN he continued to sing Frosty the Snowman for each additional song we sang! Oops. Oh, well, it was cute.

I had my OB appointment yesterday. Jim was able to join us, so he got to see the new clinic...although my OB was backed up, so we saw a different one (I liked her, too, so it was fine). She said everything looked really good (cervix looked closed!) and we'll get the FFN test results sometime today. Hoping for a negative result so we have two more uneventful weeks!

When can you say a child is "walking" per se? This video is from last night. Jim and I sat facing each other, but a little distance apart and Finn walked back and forth to us maybe TEN times, taking about 10 steps each time! The original video was about 2 and a half minutes, so I cut it down for ease of viewing (the longer version is on our video website).
video
Sorry about the shoddy camera work. As you can imagine, it was tough to help Finn AND hold the camera! He still isn't confident enough to stand independently or to walk without somebody on the receiving end to catch him. Although, after he was walking back and forth with us, I did notice he was much braver about taking steps (or at least trying to!) on his own the rest of the night. Hmmm...could Jane (his PT) be right again? She predicted when he was going to crawl (he was on the verge for 5 months!) and she said he will be walking over Christmas break! He is so freakin' close :) Proud momma...even if he isn't technically walking yet.

No comments: