Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, December 8

Faux hawk

I have to say, I've just been feeling overwhelmed, unmotivated and unorganized lately. I don't know if it is the pregnancy, the holidays or what, but sheesh...it is ridiculous. It doesn't help that we have been uber busy lately, so down time (and just "me" time) is at a minimum. This is the longest I've gone without blogging in a long time (FIVE days!). Oops.

Friday, we had a play date with our fall ECFE group. Finn loves checking out other people's toys (aren't they ALWAYS better than yours?!?!). We had to cut it a little short because auntie NaeNae came for a visit! The only way I could get Finn to leave the play date was telling him that auntie was at our house. She colored my hair and cut Finn's hair into a faux hawk.
It is kind of hard to see on the picture, but it is SUPER cute. And the thing I love about how she cut it is that if we don't style it, it just looks like a normal hair cut.

That evening, Ryan, Leah and Doug came over for our annual cookie exchange. I think Ryan (well, actually Leah!) won hands out on taste, but I might have eeked out a win on overall Christmas theme (I did peppermint candy cake cookies). As always, there was lots of food, laughter and fun (not too much booze...probably because everybody had to drive and I obviously can't partake this year!). Doug made me promise not to be pregnant next year so I can let loose. Goodness, I sure hope not...

Saturday, all four of us got up and headed to Chanhassen for my pregnancy photo shoot with Jess! It was at a studio, so I didn't know what to expect, but it was really fun and worked out well. I can't wait to see them, BUT she has several Christmas shoots to get to, so I promised to be patient and wait until they are all done. Thump, thump, thump (that is my finger nails drumming on the table...ha, ha!). We did a few with the name we THINK we're going to pick spelled out (Renae looked away...what will power!) so Jess is the only one who knows! Don't ask her, she might cave :)

After the shoot, we went over to auntie Becca's for a Christmas cookie baking extravaganza. I, of course, forgot my camera. Boo. We made peanut butter balls ala Gram, Kristine made peanut butter blossoms, Becky made ginger cookies and Grace made cupcake cookies. It was hectic, but a lot of fun. Becky was able to rent out her community room, so we had space to spread out and the kids could watch TV and play. Now I'm just trying not to eat all the cookies at once.

Monday Finn and I had a play date with our spring ECFE class at the Eagle's Nest in New Brighton. Finn LOVES it there and the little kid area is secured, so they can just go wherever they want and they can't get out. It is always so nice to catch up with those moms (and dad!) and the kids seem to grow like weeds when you only see them once a month. Monday night I had my 3 or 4 flower cake decorating class. Next week is the final project, so I'd better figure out what I'm doing!

No comments: