Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, December 23

Believe in the magic

Wrapping marathon done and all presents are wrapped...at least I hope so. Hopefully I don't run into any that I forgot. However, this morning during the pre-dawn hours, I did remember one person I (and by that I mean Jim!) forgot to get a gift for. So I guess we'll be running out today and dealing with the hordes of last minute shoppers. Boo! On the bright side, Jim has the day off, so I won't have to go by myself (or maybe I can even stay home...hmmm).

As a parent, I find it interesting to look at your child and see things in them that remind you of yourself or your spouse. Like, Finn has my chin and Jim's green eyes (and hopefully my patience, which isn't saying much!). That kind of thing. Well, Jim has a very distinctive and consistent sneeze pattern. One sneeze, pause and then two sneezes (SOMETIMES there is a fourth sneeze, but not very often). He always gets me and I say bless you during the pause instead of the end even though I KNOW he is going to sneeze two more times. Anyway, is it possible to inherit how you sneeze from your parents? In the car yesterday, Finn did the exact same thing (and I've noticed it before), although his pause is a little shorter than Jims! Regardless, I think it is really cute and love taking the time to notice little things like that. Oh, and what makes it even cuter is when Finn says, "Bless you" to himself when he sneezes! I guess it is better to be over polite than not polite at all, right?!?! Ha, ha.

Yesterday, cousin Erica ran some errands with us. I had to return and pick up some stuff at Walmart (and wanted to get it done before the after-Christmas-return fiasco), so we picked her up on our way. A little diversion for her (she's on Christmas break) and help with Finn for me! He was doing things that kept cracking her up. I love my little guy.

Memeber and Grandpa are on their way to our house as I type (or at least are supposed to be!). I hope Finn is ready for three (and maybe four!) days of completely spoiling and lots of attention (not to mention the presents!). I'm sure he can handle it ;)

Merry Eve of Christmas Eve everyone. Have a wonderful and family-filled Christmas!! And don't forget to believe in the magic of and the reason for the season.

No comments: