Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, November 11

We made it...

...so far! Today at 5:24am we passed the gestational age that I gave birth to Finn. In case you forgot how little he was, here is the first picture post birth after mom got to go visit in the NICU:
If you can believe it, this picture makes him seem bigger than he was...man, he was little! So many uncertainties on that day and for so many to come. I kept waking up last night, kind of expecting something to happen (good or bad, not sure!). I'm feeling good and baby girl seems very strong and kicks ALL THE TIME, which I love since I didn't get to experience much of that with Finn. After my water broke, there wasn't really room for him to move around or kick. She is already kicking so hard that it seems my whole belly moves at times, which I definitely didn't experience with Finn, and it always seems to be when I lay down for the night! Must not like the change in position. Here's to at least 11 more weeks of pregnancy (you're considered full term at 37 weeks)!

I had my second cake decorating class last night and we had to fully assemble and decorate a cake BY OURSELVES!
While I obviously still need to work on technique (it is supposed to be a fish, not a turkey!), I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt! My first mistake was making a chocolate cake...hello?!?! You can really see brown crumbs in white frosting! Rookie mistake. It was totally intimidating, but it was helpful having the instructor right there and Kristine and Becky A to lean on for support! Next week we work on cupcakes. How fun :)

And a very heart felt thank you for time served to all veterans. Happy Veterans Day!

1 comment:

Vanessa Van Hoof said...

Stacy,

I'm so happy for you that you've made it this far with the baby! Congrats! I will keep saying prayers that you & the baby stay healthy for 11 more weeks!
And that cake is awesome! I guess if you think it looks likes a turkey, good timing!

Take care,
Vanessa